Our school is committed to providing a vibrant and expressive Arts program for all students. Participation in the Arts stimulates students’ imagination, opens them to new possibilities and encourages creative problem-solving. The Arts fosters self-expression, confidence and creativity while improving overall academic performance.
The Arts program at Castlemaine North includes Visual and Performing Arts:
- Weekly class Music lessons which develop children’s singing, playing, listening, moving and creating skills.
- Weekly Art lessons which provide opportunities for students to creatively express themselves through a variety of media, with experiences in painting, drawing, threads and textiles, modelling, construction, printing and collage.
- Circus program
- Opportunity to play Indonesian gamelan and angklung instruments
- Community performance opportunities
- Instrumental tutor program – violin, cello, woodwind, clarinet, piano, guitar & drums
- School concert – every second year (2021, 2023…)
- Artist in Residence programs every second year (2022, 2024…)
Contact Details for Instrumental Music Tutors
Strings – Emma Wade – email@example.com
Guitar and Drums – Scott Sanders – firstname.lastname@example.org
Piano and Guitar – Carl Pannuzzo – email@example.com
Woodwind and Voice – Sarah McDonald – firstname.lastname@example.org